MATH 6170 Spring 2021
This is an introduction to algegraic geometry. The focus will be on algebraic varieties, with an emphasis on examples. Prerequisites: MATH 6140.
MWF 10:20 AM -- 11:10 AM, meeting remotely via Zoom.
You are required to have a working camera and microphone for this course.
F 7:00 PM -- 9:00 PM or by appointment.
We will primarily be following:
- R. Hartshorne, Algebraic Geometry, Springer, 1977.
- J. Harris, Algebraic Geometry: A First Course, Springer, 1992.
Our treatment may also follow parts of:
- D. Huybrechts, Complex Geometry, Springer, 2005.
- I. Shafarevich, Basic Algebraic Geometry 1: Varieties in Projective Space, Springer, 1994.
- D. Mumford, The Red Book of Varieties and Schemes, Springer, 1999.
Grading will be based on Homework, Quizzes, Presentations, Projects, and Exams. Any of this may be changed at any time.