Functions of a Complex Variable 2
MATH 6360 Fall 2019
Complex algebraic geometry. Prerequisites: MATH 6350 (Functions of a Complex Variable 1).
Students are strongly encouraged to take Zheng Zhang's course MATH 8174 Topics in Algebra, which will be covering K3 surfaces.
MWF 1:00 PM -- 1:50 PM, MATH 220
Friday 11:00 AM -- 12:50 PM or by appointment
- D. Huybrechts, Complex Geometry: an introduction, Springer 2005, available in .pdf for free from the library.
- P. Griffiths and J. Harris, Principles of Algebraic Geometry, Wiley 1978.
- C. Voisin, Hodge Theory and Complex Algebraic Geometry, I, Cambridge 2002.
- R. Wells, Differential Analysis on Complex Manifolds (Third Edition), Springer 2008.
- D. Arapura, Algebraic Geometry over the Complex Numbers, Springer 2012.
- R. Gunning and H. Rossi, Analytic Functions of Several Complex Variables , Prentice--Hall 1965.
- A. Browder, Mathematical Analysis: an introduction, Springer 1996.
- P. Aluffi, Algebra: chapter 0, Graduate Studies in Math., AMS, 2009.
- R. Bott and L. Tu, Differential Forms in Algebraic Topology, Springer, 1982.
- R. Miranda, Algebraic curves and Riemann surfaces, Graduate Studies in Math., AMS, 1995.
Our treatment may also follow parts of:
We wil also use the following as a references occasionally:
Grades will be based on homework, projects, and exams.