Subject: Re: The Shape monograph

From: "Keith A. Kearnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:44:48 -0600 (MDT)

> Is the last sentence in the proof of Lemma 3.11 missing the word "fails"?

The proof in the Fall 2006 version (online version) has this as the last 
sentence:

"Since every tolerance on every member of the variety of sets is strongly 
abelian, this idempotent Maltsev condition fails in the variety of sets, 
hence is nontrivial."

Is this the sentence you mean?

-- 
Keith A. Kearnes           Email: [email-masked]
Department of Mathematics  WWW: http://spot.colorado.edu/~kearnes
University of Colorado     Direct Phone: (303) 492-5203
395 UCB                    Dept Phone: (303) 492-3613
Boulder, CO 80309-0395     Fax: (303) 492-7707

---

From: Ralph Freese <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:00:18 -1000 (HST)

Yes. My old version reads exactly the same but without "fails". I should 
have checked the online version.

---

From: Ralph Freese <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:32:21 -1000 (HST)

Hi Keith,

   Ralph

---

From: "Keith A. Kearnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:40:44 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks for checking!

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Ralph Freese wrote:

>
> Yes. My old version reads exactly the same but without "fails". I should have 
> checked the online version.
>
>