Subject: the shape of congruence lattices

From: "Keith A. Kearnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:38:09 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Ross-

I intended to have this done by mid summer, but
Emil asked me to rewrite Chapter 1, which took a long time.
I am planning to post the pdf file to my web page today,
but I thought I'd send you a copy of it directly.

I hope the size doesn't cause problems with your mail spool.
In fact, please reply to this message so that I know that you
received it.

Comments, corrections and suggestions are welcome!
---
In unrelated math news, Agi and I extended our results on clones
of Maltsev algebras to clones of algebras with a cube term.
My student Matt used the earlier version on clones of
groups to prove his duality theorem, and there is a corresponding
duality theorem that results for algebras with a cube term.
(Something like: If A has a cube term, satisfies C1 hereditarily,
and satisfies some condition on homomorphisms between subalgebras,
then A is dualizable.)

Our result yields another proof that (k-cube + CD => k-nuf).

Yours,
Keith

-- 
Keith A. Kearnes           Email: [email-masked]
Department of Mathematics  WWW: http://spot.colorado.edu/~kearnes
University of Colorado     Direct Phone: (303) 492-5203
395 UCB                    Dept Phone: (303) 492-3613
Boulder, CO 80309-0395     Fax: (303) 492-7707

  [ The following attachments were DELETED when this message was saved:  ]
  [ A Application/PDF segment of about 1,188,118 bytes,                  ]