I'm a number theorist, and, in Dyson's classification, a frog. I enjoy simple-seeming questions that lead to a richness of structure. Areas of interest include Kleinian groups, elliptic curves, algebraic divisibility sequences, Diophantine geometry, arithmetic dynamics, quadratic and hermitian forms, hyperbolic geometry, cryptography and game theory. I enjoy problems that involve experimental mathematics, using a computer.
You can find my CV here.
A Brief History
- Birth of our son, Yitzhak Wise, January 2013.
- NSF Postdoc at Stanford University, 2011-12
- Married to Jonathan Wise, 2010.
- NSERC/PIMS/NSF Postdoc at Simon Fraser University and the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences at the University of British Columbia, 2009-11
- NSF Postdoc at Harvard University, 2008-09
- Ph.D. under Joseph H. Silverman at Brown University, 2008
- Intern, Microsoft Research, under Kristin Lauter, 2007
- A.W.O.L. (actually A.W.L.) in Russia and Tibet, Summer/Fall 2005
- M.Sc. Mathematics, Brown University, 2003
- B.Math. Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, 2001
- Camper, PROMYS, 1996 & 1997